Daintree and Cape Tribulation Tour from Cairns
After exploring, travel further north to enjoy a one-hour cruise down the Daintree River. Your guide will educate you on the abundant wildlife environment, habitats of birds, tree snakes, unique plants and of course, the estuarine crocodile.
We make our way to a private rainforest property and enjoy a short walk along a delightful rainforest creek before a delicious tropical BBQ lunch here. Choice of quality steak, fish or vegetarian meal with fresh salads and fruit platter, followed by coffee or Daintree Tea.
After lunch, head to Cape Tribulation and Walk on this world-renowned rainforest beach and admire the coastline and fringing coral reef from the Kulki Lookout. Next stop is at the Daintree Ice Cream Company for a delicious afternoon refreshment. Enjoy a cup of exotic fruit ice cream; made from fruit grown in their own on-site orchard.
After winding through the rainforest of the Alexandra Range, enjoy this spectacular lookout over the Daintree River estuary, Snapper Island and beyond to the Coral Sea. Then sit back and relax on the journey back to your hotel after a memorable day exploring this beautiful World Heritage listed region.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point at approximately
Port Douglas: 6pm
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 3 and under
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Cruise ship passengers are recommended to walk to the Hilton Hotel for tour pickup as port pickup/drop-off is not available
- GPS commentary available in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin and Japanese
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Fantastic tour! Simply beautiful!
The tour is roughly 12 hours. There is much riding, but the guide educates you as sugar cane fields, rivers, and rainforest passes by. The smooth boat ride up the Daintree River was a highlight as we saw occasional snakes, crocodiles, and birds. However, crocs are not lying everywhere; they have to be sought out, but our guide did an excellent job finding them. While walking through the rainforest, there were a great many trees and shrubs to see, but not so many animals, frogs, or insects. Yes, no mosquitos or gnats, but at night they come out, I was told. I would have liked to see more animals and especially frogs, but their absence is not unusual. I have been to two other rainforests--and animals are elusive or found primarily at night.
A meal is included--beef, sausage, and fish ok--but the cole slaw and fruits were very good and the staff very nice. I strongly recommend this tour. Our guide was so knowledgeable about economics, environment, and even legislation, yet he was not preachy. I saw a great deal in one day and left longing for more. That is success.
The trip was really good, but the time at Cape Tribulation was a bit of a let down, just walked on the beach for a while and off again. The rainforest is wonderful and the lunch was brilliant !! Would recommend the trip.
Gorgeous vantage points and coastline! Our guide, Allison, was phenomenal. She shared so much information about Cairns, the coast, Daintree and Cape Trib. The lunch was phenomenal, the scenery spectacular and each stop offered a different perspective of the area.
Downunder tours was amazing. The driver/host kept the trip interesting and was awesome. A big asset to the tour operators. Thank you for a great day out. Worth every cent and very professional.