Pompeii and Capri Island Day Trip
Once in Pompeii, follow the archaeological guide through the ticket office, skip the line and start walking inside the ruins. The walking tour takes around 2 hours and along the way you...
Once in Pompeii, follow the archaeological guide through the ticket office, skip the line and start walking inside the ruins. The walking tour takes around 2 hours and along the way you will be able to visit the most significant buildings of Pompeii. It would be as if you had a time machine visiting the theaters, the Forum, the Stabian baths, the house of the Faun and the house of the Tragic Poet and many other buildings new opened after the restoration.
After Pompeii, drive back to Naples to board an hydrofoil that takes only 45 minutes to reach the Island of Capri. Once on the island, follow the tour leader inside the "funicolare" to get to the worldwide famous "Piazzetta" also nicknamed "the little theater of the world". Enjoy your free time by stopping in the famous "Gran Caffè Vuotto" for a coffee break. Stroll along the narrow shopping streets of Capri, full of Italian famous fashion brands and local craftsman shops. Do not miss the belvedere from the Gardens of Augustus where you can get a 180-degree panoramic of the island of Capri where you will able to see Via Krupp, Mount Solaro, the bay of Marina Piccola, and the Faraglioni, famous seastacks natural monument of Capri.
At the end, meet your tour leader outside the funicular to reach the port and board on the hydrofoil that will bring you back to the port of Naples. From the port, cruise passengers will walk back to their cruise ship, hotel guest will be transferred by a minivan back to their hotels.
Traveler pickup is offered
24 hours after the booking you will receive an email with the pickup time and the meeting instructions
- Molo beverello - Ferry and hydrofoil
- Stazione Marittima - Cruise Terminal Napoli
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The itinerary can be rearranged due to high visitations to Pompeii in the morning
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The tour of Capri is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour or full refund
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel for teenagers and children in order to get the free entrance in Pompeii.
- During the low season from November to to March the live guide inside Pompeii will be replaced by an official interactive audioguide for groups of less than six.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Nancy the guide was very informative and spoke clearly in very good English. I enjoyed the trip and tour of Pompeii. Pity there were not enough people to allow for the second part of the tour (Capri Island). I hope I get my refund for that portion of the trip.
As we went in off season, this was totally doable in 1 day. Loved Pompeii and our guide was super knowledgable. Capri was quiet with most of the shops closed but the view was amazing. Disappointed that the Blue Grotto was not open, that was why I went to Capri.
We were shocked upon arrived at the Marina to be told that our Pompeii tour is cancelled as it’s closed on Xmas . This is surprisingly why not communicate to us before the tour day ? Thankful to Tiziana , the guide who helped to call office , advice , assist my lunch arrangement and the rest of day at Capri . Thank you again fr your excellent guiding and service . Hope this message reach you . You made our day .
while the seas were rough and 1/2 the boat got seasick, we still enjoyed our tours of both spots. The tour bus didnt have enough power to go the speed limit on the freeway.
The tour guides were OK, but 4 hours at Capri, and only 1 hour to tour Pompei should be reversed. For this reason, cannot recommend this tour.