Mozart Requiem Concert at St. Charles Church in Vienna
Visit St. Charles Church for a classical concert evening and be amazed by this unique 70-minute performance. St. Charles Church is just a few hundred meters away from the place where Mozart died and is one of the most significant buildings in Vienna, which makes it an ideal location to perform Mozart's last work the Requieme. Experience a unique performance of a Mozart concert in a...
Visit St. Charles Church for a classical concert evening and be amazed by this unique 70-minute performance. St. Charles Church is just a few hundred meters away from the place where Mozart died and is one of the most significant buildings in Vienna, which makes it an ideal location to perform Mozart's last work the Requieme. Experience a unique performance of a Mozart concert in a mystique and authentic surrounding.
Enjoy a concert performed by the choir and the soloists of the Salzburg Concert Society as well as the Orchestra 1756 on period instruments. In total there are more than 40 musicians on stage.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791)
REQUIEM KV 626
Introitus | Kyrie
Sequenz (Dies Irae - Tuba mirum - Rex tremendae -Recordare - Confutatis - Lacrimosa)
Agnus Dei | Lux aeterna
Orchestra 1756 (on period instruments)
Choir: Cantus XVII
Soloists of the Salzburger Konzertgesellschaft
Conductors: Konstantin Hiller, Martin-Jacques Garand, Martin Zeller
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Ticket needs to be exchanged at box office (at venue)
- Box office (at the venue) open on concert days 9:15 am – 8:15 pm
- Concert starts at 8:15 pm; doors open at 7:45 pm
- Early appearance is recommended
- Seats are located in booked category: Cat. I (reserved seats rows 1-13), Cat. II and Cat. III (open seating)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please be aware that the venue (church) can get cold in winter time.
- Please pay respect to the venue (church)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Most travelers can participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Very good performance in a fantastic church. In spite being January with an exterior temperature of -1.
Great performance of Mozart’s Requiem in the amazing baroque St Charles cathedral. Took the balcony seats which were fine - good enough view and good acoustics. Highly recommend you get there early to ensure you get good seats. Also picked up tickets at the church a few hours before as we were there for the Christmas Market. All in all highly recommended. Book with Viator with confidence.
One of the best parts of my trip to Vienna. Top quality musicians and St Charles Church was the perfect setting for the performance.
Beautiful performance and outstanding venue. We sat in the seventh row and the extra cost was definitely worth it.
There were 4 of us, aged 15 to 77, who attended. We each loved all of it, the music, orchestra and choir. It was the highlight of our weeklong trip.