Kandy Sightseeing Day Tour from Kalutara / Wadduwa
09.30 AM - Arrive at Giragama Tea Factory which is one of the oldest in Sri Lanka. You will visit a tea plantation and observe how the plant is grown and harvested. From here you will travel to a factory and learn about the whole processing procedure and how different types...
09.30 AM - Arrive at Giragama Tea Factory which is one of the oldest in Sri Lanka. You will visit a tea plantation and observe how the plant is grown and harvested. From here you will travel to a factory and learn about the whole processing procedure and how different types of teas are created. Thereafter you will be driven to Kandy.
11.30 Am - On arrival at Kandy, you will be able to visit The Royal Botanical Gardens. This is one of the best botanic gardens in Asia. It is exquisitely maintained and the area spans over 147 acres. Over 10000 flora is found within the garden. It is much appreciated for an extensive collection of orchids. The botanic garden houses the National Herbarium of Sri Lanka as well. The beautiful pathways and green lawns are picture-perfect. Historically, the garden dates back to 1371 when King Wickramabahu built his council chamber in this area. After 1815, the British used it as a commercial crop arboretum. On completion of Garden visit, you will be taken to have lunch.
01.30 PM - Enjoy a lunch at a local restaurant.
02.30 PM - In the afternoon, you will visit the highlight attraction in Kandy which is known as Sacred Temple of the Tooth Relic. It houses the left canine tooth of Buddha, which is the most important Buddhist relic in Sri Lanka. It was brought from India in fourth-century CE and had played a major role in the accession of Sri Lankan kings. In the face of continuing South Indian invasions, the possession of the Sacred Tooth Relic became a symbol of the Sinhalese royalty.
05.00 PM - After the temple visit, you will be driven back to your hotel in Kalutara or Wadduwa.
Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Kalutara or Wadduwa.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please wear clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for visiting sacred and holy places
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please bring valid passports for entering to the sites.
- Entrance fees to Kandy Temple US$10.00 and Botanical Garden US$10.00 per person (Approximately).
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less