Private Melbourne: Made in Melbourne Shopping Tour
This is not your typical shopping tour. Come with us to explore the bespoke and boutique and find out what the creatives of Melbourne are cooking up as the next global trend. We will explore the hand crafted and meet the makers who can tell you what it is that inspires them and perhaps give you the ultimate souvenir opportunity - one that comes with a great story. Starting in the center of the city...
This is not your typical shopping tour. Come with us to explore the bespoke and boutique and find out what the creatives of Melbourne are cooking up as the next global trend. We will explore the hand crafted and meet the makers who can tell you what it is that inspires them and perhaps give you the ultimate souvenir opportunity - one that comes with a great story. Starting in the center of the city at Southern Cross Station, we'll use this as our hub to get away to a part of the city thriving with creatives who are handcrafting their designs with passion. Clothes, jewelry, comics, homewares and everything in between is possible and your guide will try to get a feel for your shopping interests to show bring you to that something special, made by someone special who we hopefully also get to meet and chat with. Our goal is to make this the day you find that something special, at a relaxed pace that takes in the vibe of of the neighbourhood we are visiting with plenty of time to take in the coffee (and cake!) scene too and do a bit of people watching to see what the local style is all about. Please leave us a note in the extra information box if there is something in particular you are hoping to see or something you definitely aren't interested in seeing - it is Your day and we want to make it perfect for You.Let's go shopping! This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Head out to neighbourhood full of creative vibe and spirit
- Discover street art and learn about the characters of the area
- Browse authentic, unique, sustainable and locally handmade souvenirs, and be free to shop at your own pace
- Experience first-hand how local artists and craftspeople create their products
- Reject the fast fashion movement with a visit to shops selling local handmade goods
- Find that perfect thing for you.
- Local impact: how you taking this tour will benefit the local community:
- All the stores we visit are 100% locally owned and run, so any inclusions on the tour and additional purchases you make will directly benefit the local community.
- At least one store on our itinerary is dedicated to the preservation of locally-produced crafts
- Supporting locally-run businesses, helps to preserve traditional crafts for the next generation
- You will pick up some responsible travel tips that will help you to be a greener traveller while you’re in the city
Under the Clock Tower at Southern Cross Station (83 Spencer Street, Melbourne, VIC 3004) GPS coordinates: -37.818843, 144.953929.
You can cancel for a full refund up to 72 hours before the start of your experience. If you do not show up for the experience or fail to cancel at least 72 hours in advance, you will not receive a refund.