Private Krakow: Christmas Market and Flavours
2 hr, 30 min
The Palace under the Rams (Palac pod Baranami), our meeting place for this private tour, is in itself a great introduction to the merry atmosphere of a Polish Christmas! From the gate stretches an incredible view of Krakow’s traditional Christmas market, which, for the entire month of December, is located in the Main Square, in the very heart of the city. We'll start our private Krakow Christmas tour with a cup of hot coffee...
The Palace under the Rams (Palac pod Baranami), our meeting place for this private tour, is in itself a great introduction to the merry atmosphere of a Polish Christmas! From the gate stretches an incredible view of Krakow’s traditional Christmas market, which, for the entire month of December, is located in the Main Square, in the very heart of the city. We'll start our private Krakow Christmas tour with a cup of hot coffee or winter tea in a secret café that’s hidden deep underground. Once we’ve warmed our insides, we’ll head back outdoors and take a walk among the wooden stalls of the market, where you can buy the finest of local souvenirs and handmade Christmas decorations to take back home with you (just leave lots of room in your suitcase!). We’ll stop to sample some regional cheeses like oscypek, and you’ll get to try aromatic mulled wine, served directly from huge wooden barrels. We’ll admire some traditional Krakow Christmas cribs, and you’ll learn why they are such an important tradition here. We’ll also visit a nearby gallery, where you’ll learn how beautiful hand-painted glass balls are made. To finish off your Krakow tour, we’ll warm up in a local restaurant that’s known for serving the best festive dishes of the season. You’ll get to dig into your plate as your local guide tells you all about Christmas traditions in Krakow and throughout Poland, both today and back in communist times. (If you’d prefer to travel as part of a regular group experience, please book our Krakow Christmas Market and Flavours group tour.) This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Visit an authentic polish christmas market full of holiday decorations and gifts on a private tour just for you
- Try some aromatic mulled wine served the traditional way, straight from a wooden barrel
- Admire krakow’s famous handmade cribs and learn the centuries-old tradition of how they’re built
- Taste traditional seasonal dishes at a beloved local restaurant
- Learn about christmas traditions in poland, both today’s and those from the country’s communist era
- Local impact: how you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- on this tour you will be introduced to local holiday traditions while exploring krakow's vibrant christmas market.
- This tour also supports local cultural heritage by taking you to a small, local gallery where you will learn how traditional hand-painted glass balls are made.
- As part of your tour you will enjoy traditional christmas food in a small, local restaurant located off the beaten track for a taste of authentic krakow.
Pick-up at centrally located hotels in Krakow.
You can cancel for a full refund up to 72 hours before the start of your experience. If you do not show up for the experience or fail to cancel at least 72 hours in advance, you will not receive a refund.