Heraklion Bites and Sights
- Dive into heraklion’s history with stories of its turbulent past and visits to its legendary churches, fountains, and monuments
- Learn the secrets of the cretan diet by sampling its best products at a local market
- Discover the local side of heraklion through its lesser-known streets, forgotten laneways, and old city walls
- Admire art collections in unique locations
- Indulge in local flavours like a meze platter and oh-hey-that’s-strong raki and tsikoudia
- Local impact: how you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- On this tour you will visit 100% local, family-owned businesses and meet vendors at a local market who sell their own and cretan-only products.
- All of the food you sample during your tour is locally sourced from villages, farmers, and stock-breeders of crete
- You'll have the chance to buy from stores and eateries and support locals that don’t generally benefit from tourism.
The guide will point out places of interest, such as museums, and make recommendations of places that participants can visit in their own time after the tour.
Please present this voucher to your guide at the beginning of your tour. Save this email on your phone or tablet, or print a copy, as you will need to show this to join the trip.View Less