VW Kombi Cocktail Safari
Start your Bali cocktail adventure with a journey through the rice fields of West Coast Bali until we arrive at a small, remote club on the dramatic Echo Surf Beach, where monster waves roll in when the surf is high. Our destination is like a set from a ship wreck on a desert island, with eclectic decorations around the pools and stunning ocean views. The menu is tapas style and the drinks chill are first-class;...
Start your Bali cocktail adventure with a journey through the rice fields of West Coast Bali until we arrive at a small, remote club on the dramatic Echo Surf Beach, where monster waves roll in when the surf is high. Our destination is like a set from a ship wreck on a desert island, with eclectic decorations around the pools and stunning ocean views. The menu is tapas style and the drinks chill are first-class; chilli, lemongrass and lychee martini anyone?! We’ll jump back into our retro, pimped out 1980 Kombi to travel through some of the area’s nearby beach villages towards the stunning 17th-century temple of Pura Batu Ngaus, a fertility temple perched on a rock in the ocean. The Balinese come here to seek medicine or fertility blessings from the mangku (priest), and leave offerings in a most unusual way: in a blowhole in the rock that connects to the ocean via an underwater cave. This temple is far off the tourist track, feeling a world away from the crowds that swarm Bali’s more famous sites. Along the way to Pura Batu Ngaus, you’ll pass typically Bali-esque scenes of government-protected rice terraces and catch glimpses of the sea and the far-off cliffs of Uluwatu — keep your camera close by for those classic Bali shots! Thirsty again? And hungry too? Good! Because up next, your Bali tour will take you to what we like to call the living museum, a place steeped in history but also boasting the best roof top bars with ocean views you will find in Bali. Enjoy a classic nasi goreng with our favourite cocktail, a gin & tonic, while lazing about in the late afternoon sun. Next, we head further down the West coast, chasing the setting sun, winding in and out of small villages until we arrive at the eclectic gypsy camp, complete with tarot readers and caravans perched on Berawa surf beach. Sangria or homemade bloody marys are definitely the drink of choice in this funky place! Finish your Bali tour with a nightcap at the iconic Ku De Ta bar at Seminyak Beach, a long-standing hot spot that’s considered to be one of the best beach clubs in Southeast Asia. We recommend the espresso martini — perfect for revving you up for a night out on the town after your tour ends!
- Visit a collection of the best beaches and beach bars in all of bali, if not all of southeast asia
- Sample signature cocktails made by top chefs and mixologists at luxurious seaside restaurants and resorts along the southwestern bali coast
- Travel past stunning protected rice terraces and dramatic cliffsides that fall into the ocean — perfect photo ops are everywhere!
- Visit an ancient fertility temple that stands on a remote rock in the ocean and is seldom visited by tourists
- Let your inner hipster fly by cruising around in a modified 1980 vw kombi, complete with wifi and mini bar
- Local impact: how you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- Your tour directly employs locals who are all paid an above average wage. urban adventures also has a written agreement with the local village of the temple you visit, which empowers the village to have direct input into what we show you and also allows the village to benefit financially from your tour.
- The donation that is included in the cost of your tour goes to employing security at the temple, upkeep of the temple grounds, and providing clean toilets. this donation has also enabled the village to employ mentally disabled staff to assist. urban adventures is the only operator with such an agreement.
Let us know which pick-up point you prefer. · 10:45 at Ka Bar @ Bali Garden Resort Jl Kartika South Kuta · 11:10 at Magani Resort Jl Melasti Legian · 11:45 at Ku De Ta Jl Oberoi (laksmana) Seminyak
You can cancel for a full refund up to 72 hours before the start of your experience. If you do not show up for the experience or fail to cancel at least 72 hours in advance, you will not receive a refund.